Release strategy for IBM Sterling B2B Integrator and
IBM Sterling File Gateway v6.0.x and v6.1.x onwards
This article provides details of the release policy for IBM Sterling B2B Integrator and IBM Sterling File Gateway of versions v6.0.x and v6.1.x onwards.
IBM Sterling B2B Integrator and IBM Sterling File Gateway follow the IBM V.R.M.F release policy.
The release details are as follows:
- Each Major/Minor release has new features (enhancements) and defect fixes.
- It receives Fix Packs for the duration of 3 years (Standard Support) and 2 years (Extended Support).
- Modification (Mod Pack):
- Each Mod Pack release has new features (enhancements) and defect fixes.
- It receives Fix Packs for 6 months after the release of the subsequent Mod Pack. To receive further Fix Packs, you must upgrade to the latest Mod Pack.
- For example: Mod Pack 6.0.X is released in March 2019 and the subsequent Mod Pack 6.0.X+1 is released in June 2019. Mod Pack 6.0.X receives Fix Packs till December 2019, which is 6 months after June 2019.
- The last Mod Pack of a Major/Minor release continues to receive Fix Packs till the end of Extended Support of that particular Major/Minor release.
- Fix Pack: Each Fix Pack release has only defect fixes.
- Interim Fix (iFix) Pack: A specific fix for a single customer.
Fare clic sul pulsante sottostante per scaricare questa newsletter in formato Pdf.